JL Audio is one of the pioneers of the high-end car stereo industry. For more than four decades, this groundbreaking American company has been creating high-quality audio solutions that define the upper echelons of automotive audio.
JL Audio products are now available at Jackson Tint and Sound. If you’re looking for premier auto electronics in Jackson, WY, you should look no further than our store. You can choose from several different high-caliber JL Audio products, designed to maximize your car’s audio potential, and make your music of choice sound better than ever.
To understand how JL Audio became one of the industry’s top players, it’s helpful to take a look back at their history. Hard work, an innovative mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit made the success of JL Audio possible. Here’s a breakdown of the company’s history:
- Founding: 1975-1980: JL Audio began in 1975, founded by James Birch and Lucio Proni. They began by producing home speaker systems and packaged kits. Eventually, in 1977, they acquired a speaker store in Hollywood, Florida called Speaker Warehouse. There, they began selling their new products.
- Success: 1980-1990: Throughout the 1980s, Speaker Warehouse developed a reputation as the premier place in South Florida for high-end audio equipment. Eventually, the company began designing competition cars that incorporated custom audio systems by the JL Audio team. In 1989, seven of the Speaker Warehouse vehicles competed in the International Auto Sound Challenge Association (IASCA) finals.
- Product development: 1990-1995: Thanks in large part to its competitive success, JL Sound became a widely popular brand throughout North America, beginning in the early 1990s. In 1991, the company exhibited at the now-famous Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas for the first time. The company began developing a number of its signature consumer products during this period.
- New leadership: 1995-2000: In 1995, JL Audio developed its first StealthBox-branded line of auto electronics. The brand continues to be a mainstay of the JL Audio lineup to this day. In 1996, Andy Oxenhorn became the company’s CEO. Under Oxenhorn’s leadership, the company continued developing its wide range of high-quality consumer car stereos.
- Industry dominance: 2000-2005: With the turn of the millennium came a new era of audio equipment from JL Audio. The company continued to push industry standards of build quality, sound quality and compactness. In 2004, the company began developing a new line of subwoofers aimed at the home entertainment industry.
- Continued success: 2005-present: In 2005, JL Audio entered the marine audio technology market. With the rise of digital technology, the company continued pioneering new advances in sound quality and digital integration throughout the 2010s. JL Audio remains one of the premier providers of auto electronics in Jackson, WY.
Jackson Tint and Sound is proud to sell JL Audio car stereos in Jackson, WY. Since 1988, we have been providing some of the highest possible quality products and services in the region. To learn more about our extensive range of products, contact one of our representatives today.
This post was written by Writer