Your vehicle is a major investment. Unfortunately, you aren’t able to control all the dirt, rocks, bugs and inclement weather your car may endure throughout the course of its life. Driving off the lot with a shiny new car is a great feeling, but with all these obstacles on the road, this feeling just might be short-lived.
Some vehicle owners don’t do anything to protect their car from damage, while others avoid driving as much as possible to preserve the paint. But what if there was a better way?
Fortunately, 3M™ has created a product just for this purpose, called the Scotchgard PRO™ Series Paint Protection Film. Also known as PPF or “clear bra,” this film is applied to vehicles of all kinds to protect the paint and finish from the many damaging obstacles out there.
The product was originally designed to protect helicopter blades from being ruined from sand blasting during the Vietnam War. Today, Scotchgard Paint Protection Film in Jackson, WY is used on cars, boats, airplanes and numerous other types of vehicles.
Understanding the product
Scotchgard Paint Protection Film is designed specifically to protect your car’s paint job from scratches, dings, stains, bird droppings and more. The film, made of a synthetic crystalline compound called urethane, is extremely durable, yet flexible enough to fit the shape of the curves and contours of your car.
You can have the film installed on any high-impact and vulnerable parts of your vehicle, such as the front bumper, side mirrors, rocker panels and door edges.
The film is also virtually invisible. It blends in seamlessly with the clear coat of your car’s paint job and is resistant to yellowing, meaning it will stay that way for years. Using “self-healing” technology, the film removes scratches on its own using hot water and heat from the engine or the sun.
Benefits of Scotchgard Paint Protection Film in Jackson, WY
Installing the 3M™ Scotchgard PRO™ Series Paint Protection Film may seem like a no-brainer for automobile owners who want to keep their car looking as good as new, but here are a few more benefits to show you just how useful this film can be:
- Keep it looking new: The first and most obvious benefit is that the film keeps your car’s finish looking as good as new. Most cars show signs of damage within just one year of purchase, but with the Scotchgard Paint Protection Film, passersby may believe your car is brand new.
- No maintenance required: Once the film is installed on your vehicle, all you need to do is drive it! There is no maintenance required for PPF, making it very hassle-free.
- Long-term warranty: 3M™ offers seven-year warranties against defects and physical changes to the film including yellowing, bubbling and cracking. If the film becomes damaged, you have many years to get it replaced.
- Removable: PPF is totally removable and does absolutely no damage to your vehicle. This means that you can replace it after the film becomes too badly damaged or is no longer under warranty.
- Enhance resale value: Keeping your car looking as good as new can result in higher returns on investment for you if you choose to sell. People are willing to pay a much higher price for great-looking vehicles, especially if a protective coating is also installed.
Do you think Scotchgard Paint Protection Film in Jackson, WY is the right choice for protecting your vehicle? Give the team at Grand Glass Tint and Sound a call! As a 3M Authorized Window Film Dealer, we are your local experts on applying protective films and coatings to your residential, commercial or vehicle glass. Call today for a free estimate.
Categorised in: Paint Protection
This post was written by Writer