JL Audio 10TW3 : 10-Inch 400-Watt Automotive Subwoofer Driver, 4Ω or 8Ω DVC
The 10" TW3 thin subwoofer driver by JL Audio delivers a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability. In fact, they are capable of greater excursion than JL's W3v3 subwoofers!
JL Audio’s patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 10TW3 using a “concentric tube” structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional 10-Inch thin subwoofer designs.
The 10TW3-D4 and 10TW3-D8 subwoofers are optimized for small enclosures and offer JL's tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints.
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory with global components
|Continuous Power Handling||400W RMS|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||200W - 400W RMS|
|Nominal Diameter||10 in / 250 mm|
|Overall Diameter (A)||A1: 11.2 in / 284 mm
A2: 10.5 in / 267 mm
|Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||9.625 in / 244 mm|
|Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (C)||10.5 in / 267 mm|
|Motor Outer Diameter (D)||5.1 in / 130 mm|
|Mounting Depth (E)||3.25 in / 83 mm|
|Driver Displacement||0.019 cu ft / 0.54 L|
|Net Weight||10.1 lb / 4.6 kg|
|Free Air Resonance (Fs)||32.30 Hz|
|Electrical “Q” (Qes)||0.656|
|Mechanical “Q” (Qms)||11.35|
|Total Speaker “Q” (Qts)||0.62|
|Equivalent Compliance (Vas)||0.700 cu ft / 19.82 L|
|One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*||0.6 in / 15.2 mm|
|Reference Efficiency (no)||0.23%|
|Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**||82.10 dB SPL|
|Effective Piston Area (Sd)||56.532 sq in / 0.0365 sq m|
|DC Resistance (Re)***||9.036 Ω|
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** For parallel-wired voice coils, divide "Re" by 4. All other specifications remain the same.
*** Re (DC resistance) is measured with the voice coils in series, for parallel-wired specification divide Re by 4. All other specifications remain the same.