JL Audio 12TW3 : 12-Inch 400-Watt Thin Subwoofer Driver, 4-Ohm or 8-Ohm DVC
The 12" TW3 thin subwoofer driver by JL Audio offers a shallow mounting depth with an excursion capability that is remarkably capable of greater excursion than JL's W3v3 full size subwoofers.
JL Audio’s TW3 sub utilizes a patented thin-line woofer technology that compresses the architecture of the 12TW3 woofer using a “concentric tube” structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and spider, while allowing the placement of the large motor structure to be moved further forward on the chassis than with conventional designs.
JL Audio 12TW3-D4 and 12TW4-D8 are optimized for small enclosures and offers JL's tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints.
Deep, powerful and accurate JL Audio bass is now possible in more applications than ever.
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- “concentric tube” architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method” technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory with global components
|Continuous Power Handling||400W RMS|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||200W - 400W RMS|
|Nominal Impedance||Dual 4Ω/8Ω|
|Nominal Diameter||12 in / 300 mm|
|Overall Diameter (A)||A1: 13.2 in / 335 mm
A2: 12.5 in / 318 mm
|Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||11.625 in / 295 mm|
|Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (C)||12.5 in / 318 mm|
|Motor Outer Diameter (D)||6.125 in / 156 mm|
|Mounting Depth (E)||3.5 in / 89 mm|
|Driver Displacement||0.029 cu ft / 0.82 L|
|Net Weight||14.9 lb / 6.8 kg|
|Free Air Resonance (Fs)||26.46 Hz|
|Electrical “Q” (Qes)||0.558|
|Mechanical “Q” (Qms)||10.766|
|Total Speaker “Q” (Qts)||0.531|
|Equivalent Compliance (Vas)||1.72 cu ft / 48.73 L|
|One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*||0.6 in / 15.2 mm|
|Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**||84.11 dB SPL|
|Effective Piston Area (Sd)||83.517 sq in / 0.0539 sq m|
|DC Resistance (Re)***||9.280 Ω|
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** For parallel-wired voice coils, divide "Re" by 4. All other specifications remain the same.
*** Re (DC resistance) is measured with the voice coils in series, for parallel-wired specification divide Re by 4. All other specifications remain the same.