TW1-Series 12-Inch 300-Watt Subwoofer Driver, 2-Ohm or 4-Ohm SVC
The 12" TW1 thin subwoofer driver by JL Audio has a shallow mounting depth while maintaining excellent excursion capability in a thin mounty chassis design to fit into an enclosure no bigger than (0.65 cu.ft. / 18.4 liters). This 12TW1 subwoofer is capable of operating in extremely tight spaces including under-seat installations in trucks and other automotive applications requiring a compact, low profile subwoofer design.
JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology utilizes a "concentric tube" structure built into the injection-molded cone body supporting the voice coil and spider. This patented design places the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than conventional thin subwoofer designs.
The JL Audio 12TW1 sub also features a chassis design that minimizes the top clearance required for the linear excursion limits of the subwoofer driver. This is accomplished by recessing the suspension attachment surface, so that most of the forward excursion occurs within the frame's dimensions. The 12TW1 requires only 0.87 inches (22 mm) of frontal clearance with or without the subwoofer grille installed.
The JL Audio 12" 12TW1-2 and 12TW1-4 subwoofer drivers are optimized for an enclosure much smaller than any other JL Audio twelve-inch subwoofer driver, it never sounds like a big woofer struggling in a tiny box...instead, it delivers all the rich, deep, controlled bass you have come to expect from a JL Audio subwoofer system.
- Very shallow mounting depth (4.62 in / 117 mm)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability (0.40 in / 10 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor design
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Cast alloy frame with flat edges for tight driver grouping
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Steel mesh grille included with each driver
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory with global components
|Continuous Power Handling ()||300W RMS|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||75W - 300W RMS|
|Nominal Impedance (Znom)||2Ω|