10-Inch 300-Watt Subwoofer Driver, 2-Ohm or 4-Ohm SVC
The JL Audio 10" TW1 automotive thin subwoofer driver chassis offers a shallow mounting depth and excellent linear excursion capability while requiring a small enclosure (0.35 cu.ft. / 10 liters). The cast alloy frame design on the JL 10TW1 is capable of operating in very tight spaces like under-seat installations in trucks.
The 10TW1 design uses a "concentric tube" structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of a large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
The 10TW1 thin subwoofer also features a clever frame design that minimizes the frontal clearance required for the excursion of the driver. This is accomplished by recessing the suspension attachment surface, so that most of the forward excursion occurs within the frame's dimensions. Thanks to this feature, the 10TW1 requires only 0.87 inches (22 mm) of frontal clearance, even with its grille installed. This allows for more efficient use of space and increased enclosure volume within a given overall depth.
Although the JL Audio 10TW1-2 and 10TW1-4 thin subwoofer drivers are optimized for an enclosure much smaller than most other 10 inch subwoofer drivers, they never sound like a big woofer struggling in a tiny box...instead, the 10TW1's delivers all the rich, deep, controlled bass you have come to expect from a JL Audio subwoofer system.
- Very shallow mounting depth (4.36 in / 111 mm)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability (0.40 in / 10 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor design
- Patented "concentric tube" architecture
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Cast alloy frame with flat edges for tight driver grouping
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Steel mesh grille included with each driver
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory with global components
|Continuous Power Handling
|Recommended Amplifier Power
||75W - 300W RMS