5-Channel Class-D System Amplifier with Integrated DSP, 75-Watt x 4 @ 4-Ohm + 300-Watt x 1 @ 2-Ohm
Designed to simplify great audio, every VXi amplifier combines JL's advanced NexD2™ switching amplifier technology with an integrated, full-featured digital signal processor.
Employing JL's second generation NexD2™ amplifier technology, the VX700/5i efficiently powers a complete audio system. It can drive four main speakers with 75 W x 4 @ 4 ohms while also powering a subwoofer with up to 300W @ 2 ohms. Bridging the main channels converts it into a very powerful, 3-channel system amplifier with up to 200W x 2 @ 4 ohms on the main channels and 300W @ 2 ohms on the subwoofer channel.
The NexD2™ full-range technology in the main channels of this amplifier is DSP-controlled and features a reduced loop area design utilizing DirectFET™ outputs for outstanding fidelity, very low noise and exceptional efficiency. The subwoofer channel features an optimized low-frequency variant of the NexD2™ technology. The amplifier chassis is ultra-compact, with all connections on one side, to greatly simplify installation into tight spaces.
Instead of traditional control knobs and switches, all amplifier adjustments and DSP functionality are configured via a compatible external device (PC, Tablet or Smartphone), with the appropriate JL Audio TüN™ Software application installed.
Amplifier includes: Power Connector (for 4 AWG wire), Analog Input/Pre-Out Harness, Speaker Output Harness, Subwoofer Output Harness, 6 ft A/B USB Cable
TüN™ Software Applications
Intuitive setup and tuning, all at your fingertips. Automatically recognizes connected amplifier and displays appropriate interface. TüN™ is available for download for free in a variety of applications, for computers and most handheld devices.=
Unprecedented, Onboard DSP Tuning Power
- Premium, triple-core AKM® DSP with an optimized configuration, developed in collaboration with AKM®
- Hi-Res audio processing at 24 bit/96 kHz
- High-performance AKM® A/D and D/A converters
- 10 Bands of fully parametric EQ, per output channel, including pre-outs
- Shelving EQ option for Band 1 and Band 10
- High-Pass & Low-Pass Filters for each output channel, with selectable alignments and slopes:
Linkwitz-Riley: 12, 24, 48 dB/octave
Butterworth: 6, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 dB/octave
- Signal Delay in 0.01 millisecond steps (equivalent to 1/8-inch, 3 mm)
- All-Pass Filter (Phase EQ), with variable "Q" and corner frequency
- Polarity Reversal (0 or 180 deg.)
- Output Level Trim in 0.1 dB steps
NexD2™ Switching Amplifier Technology
- JL's latest generation of high-speed switching technology delivers superb low frequency power and efficiency.
- Specially optimized for subwoofer applications
Ultra-Versatile Analog and Digital Inputs
- High-performance, differential-balanced analog inputs for outstanding noise rejection
- Accepts speaker level signals from 200 mV, up to 16V RMS, including those from many factory systems
- Optical Digital (Toslink) input permits direct connection of S/PDIF digital sources, bypassing A/D converter. Accepts up to 24 bit/192 kHz input.
- Independently configurable RCA analog and digital pre-outs (24 bit/96 kHz)
- Automatic turn-on options via Signal-Sensing or DC-Offset sensing
Functional Compact Chassis Design
- Solid cast alloy main unibody and bottom plate deliver superb EMI performance and shielding
- All connections utilize compact mating connectors for maximum integrity and fitment into tight spaces.
- Configurable LED logo ring displays status and can display audio preset color code or user-defined color
- Logo badge can be oriented in 90 degree increments
- Corner caps engineered to conceal mounting holes and hardware
JLid™ System Command and Control with Networking Capabilities
JL Audio's digital protocol provides control interface and communication between VXi amplifiers and optional JLid™ accessories, including:
- DRC-100/DRC-200/DRC-205 Digital Remote Controllers: Offers convenient level and DSP preset control from the driver's seat.
- VXi-BTC Bluetooth® Communicator: Permits wireless configuration of VXi amplifiers using your compatible Apple® or Android® device.
- VXi-HUB Optical Network Hub: Provides network connectivity for up to five slave VXi amplifiers, allowing synchronization of DRC controllers and DSP presets. Up to two VXi-HUBs can be daisy-chained to network up to ten VXi amplifiers.
|Frequency Response (Main Channels)||12 Hz - 24 kHz (+0, -1dB)|
|Frequency Response (Subwoofer Channel)||12 Hz - 1 kHz (+0, -1dB)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power (Analog Inputs - Main Channels)||99 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power (Analog Inputs - Subwoofer Channel)||99 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W (Analog Inputs - Main Channels)||80 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W (Analog Inputs - Subwoofer Channel)||72 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power (Digital Inputs - Main Channels)||101 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power (Digital Inputs - Subwoofer Channel)||102 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W (Digital Inputs - Main Channels)||82 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W (Digital Inputs - Subwoofer Channel)||80 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|Damping Factor @ 4 Ω||>150 / 50 Hz|
|Damping Factor @ 2 Ω||>50 / 50 Hz|
|THD+N @ Rated Power (Main Channels)||<1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.|
|THD+N @ Rated Power (Subwoofer Channels)||<1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.|
|Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs||200 mV - 16 V RMS|
|Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge||4 AWG wire|
|Fuse Rating||60 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)|
|Main Channels @ 4 Ω||75 W RMS x 4|
|Main Channels @ 2 Ω||100 W RMS x 4|
|Main Channels - Bridged @ 4Ω||200 W RMS x 2|
|Subwoofer Channel @ 4 Ω||180 W RMS x 1|
|Subwoofer Channel @ 3 Ω||240 W RMS x 1|
|Subwoofer Channel @ 2 Ω||300 W RMS x 1|
|Subwoofer Channel @ 1.5 Ω||N/A|
|Height (H)||2.12 in / 54 mm|
|Width (W)||9.81 in / 250 mm|
|Depth (D)||6.62 in / 168 mm|
|Net Weight||5.6 lb / 2.54 kg|